منتديات دفاتر التربوية التعليمية المغربية

منتديات دفاتر التربوية التعليمية المغربية (https://www.dafatir.net/vb/index.php)
-   مواضيع بالانجليزية (https://www.dafatir.net/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   language teaching methodology: 1- Overview of Language Teaching Methodology (https://www.dafatir.net/vb/showthread.php?t=26410)

أبو إيناس 05-09-2008 16:46

language teaching methodology: 1- Overview of Language Teaching Methodology

1 مرفق
The word "methodology" is itself often misinterpreted or ill-understood. It is usually given lip-service as an explanation for the way a given teacher goes about his/her teaching, a sort of umbrella-term to describe the job of teaching another ********. Most often, methodology is understood to mean methods in a general sense, and in some cases it is even equated to specific teaching techniques. It does (or should) in fact mean and involve much more than that. I've found that Brown's (1994:51) definitions (reflecting current usage at the time and drawn from earlier attempts to break down and classify elements to do with methodology) are the most useful

download the rest of the article

tamim 08-09-2008 00:55

what's the use?

SALAM.We have been bombarded with such literature during our training year.I can't see any benefit as we can't put into practice what is preached in these methods.We work under different conditions and in a different envoirnment.For me the solution is to invent our own methods and approaches suitable for our Moroccan teaching and learning situation
It's just a humble point of view.salam

أبو إيناس 08-09-2008 12:41

we are waiting for your invention then but bear in mind keep far from reinventing the wheel
many university students need History of ******** teaching methodolgy in Applied Linguistics
therefore these articles don't forcely target teachers or traineers you aren't only you in the ring

tamim 08-09-2008 17:19

clarification

The point is it is needless to wast much time and energy in remunating the others's ways of thinking and their concepts which are useful and practical only in their environment Ca you apply TPR method in a class of 45 student or the communicative approach
the challenge is creating the Moroccan methods for the Moroccan school with Moroccan teachers and students
NB This is isn't a criticism for you but for the methods.Salam

أبو إيناس 08-09-2008 22:36

I totally agree with you I've been teaching english for 20 years my dear, it is extremely impossible to adopt such approaches and adapt them in the classroom owing to many negative factors you 've mentioned one however it is not bad to make others aware of the approaches we saw once trainees especially some university students who asked me to provide them with what you are criticizing now, I want them to have an idea about these approaches too so that they can criticize likewise; once a student I have never liked what I studied but because of the exams I have to
thank you very much for your sweet interference

الساعة الآن 07:05