المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : ******** teaching methodology: 1- Overview of ******** Teaching Methodology

أبو إيناس
05-09-2008, 16:46
The word "methodology" is itself often misinterpreted or ill-understood. It is usually given lip-service as an explanation for the way a given teacher goes about his/her teaching, a sort of umbrella-term to describe the job of teaching another ********. Most often, methodology is understood to mean methods in a general sense, and in some cases it is even equated to specific teaching techniques. It does (or should) in fact mean and involve much more than that. I've found that Brown's (1994:51) definitions (reflecting current usage at the time and drawn from earlier attempts to break down and classify elements to do with methodology) are the most useful

download the rest of the article

tamim
08-09-2008, 00:55
SALAM.We have been bombarded with such literature during our training year.I can't see any benefit as we can't put into practice what is preached in these methods.We work under different conditions and in a different envoirnment.For me the solution is to invent our own methods and approaches suitable for our Moroccan teaching and learning situation
It's just a humble point of view.salam

أبو إيناس
08-09-2008, 12:41
we are waiting for your invention then but bear in mind keep far from reinventing the wheel
many university students need History of ******** teaching methodolgy in Applied Linguistics
therefore these articles don't forcely target teachers or traineers you aren't only you in the ring

tamim
08-09-2008, 17:19
The point is it is needless to wast much time and energy in remunating the others's ways of thinking and their concepts which are useful and practical only in their environment Ca you apply TPR method in a class of 45 student or the communicative approach
the challenge is creating the Moroccan methods for the Moroccan school with Moroccan teachers and students
NB This is isn't a criticism for you but for the methods.Salam

أبو إيناس
08-09-2008, 22:36
I totally agree with you I've been teaching english for 20 years my dear, it is extremely impossible to adopt such approaches and adapt them in the classroom owing to many negative factors you 've mentioned one however it is not bad to make others aware of the approaches we saw once trainees especially some university students who asked me to provide them with what you are criticizing now, I want them to have an idea about these approaches too so that they can criticize likewise; once a student I have never liked what I studied but because of the exams I have to
thank you very much for your sweet interference

hanimos
10-09-2008, 02:42
Thank you ,Mr Mourabiti, for this valuable opportunity that you gave everybody who wants either to ******* his mind or to have an idea about ******** teaching-learning literature.
As a practcian in the Moroccan envirenment, I think that both new and experienced teachers need to have recourse to this literature as it helps understand most of what happens in this innovative field.
I totally agree that there are constraints but, this doesn't mean that this literature is useless.
it's not ******** teaching methodology that should be reconsidered in fact, it's our Moroccan envirenment.

hanimos
10-09-2008, 02:44
******* his mind

hanimos
10-09-2008, 02:48
I dont know why I can't write the verb taken or related to the word *******ement it always results in writing stars instead.

hanimos
10-09-2008, 02:49
r e f r e s h

hanimos
10-09-2008, 02:53
At last, I solved this problem by writing the word in capital letters but, i still wonder why this
happened
sorry for bothering you all
bye bye

أبو إيناس
11-09-2008, 16:10
Thanks so much hanimos
TRY TO WRITE
كمبيوتر
IN ENGLISH
AND YOU WILL GET
COM****R

achrafenglish
12-10-2008, 22:44
I think that the problem is not in the approaches adopted, but in the coursebooks we're teaching. I mean we most of the time find that the activities 'prescribed do not suit our students. Moreover, the problem is we, teachers of English, still teach using archaic methods, namely chalk and BB in a time when our students have access to a wide range of technological innovations such as MP3s, USBs, cell phones, etc.

أبو إيناس
12-10-2008, 23:20
thanks so much for your available point of view; besides nobody obliges you to use the textbook as it is: you can go beyond the text book imagine a colleague of mine is using the textbook "tickets" instead of using of "gate way ii" which he is supposed to use. therefore we are free to use any materials that suit the syllabus and official guidelines

jackard
13-10-2008, 00:57
I dont' think so. You are NOT free to use what you want. you don't work in private schools. there is a council who decides the coursebook. what you can and you may integrate the book with your activities that go with the official instructions.
i would like to say to the colleague who said that theory is useless that i'm afraid you are wrong. methodology is very useful. only job has a methodology so you can't teach a ******** element because you like it o because your students need it. you have to base your job on a theory. this doesn't mean that

jackard
13-10-2008, 01:02
you have to be a linguist o a pscholinguist in ******** classroom but you have to know how to resolve problems basing you on theory.
I don't agree again with the colleague who said that we have to adopt a moroccan methodology
which is speak arabic in foreign ******** class? it is wrong. i know that there are many teachers who use arabic to explain in foreign ******** class that's a bad habit and the result: students who don't speak any foreign languge. wa salam

خالد السوسي
18-10-2008, 11:58
Thanks deeply for all these nice viewpoints and fruitful additions. Many heartfelt thanks go to Mr.Morabiti for his nice topics and contributions and I want to add that such theories are indeed useful but the main problem is that we don't know how to apply them in our classrooms or let us say, sincrely, that nonone has ever shown us how to benefit from them( at least as far as I'm concerned). They only provide us with theories and terms but none shows you how to apply them properly

jayyy
16-11-2008, 21:12
thanksssssssssss