المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : Insights Into English ! Give us your opinion plz

tighanimin
07-02-2009, 22:25
for teachers who work With Insights Into English What do you think of it ? How do you find working with it? and how did you choose it in the first place? How do your students respond to it ? have you ever made a comparison with the other textbooks? well believe me , I hate it and I find it teribble, a lot of mistakes, stuff for universuty ss rather than high school ss and I wonder how it was given credence in the first place ? I have talked to other colleague and up to now I have I have found but unanimous disapproval but how come that we can't change it for other ones though according to the law it's up to us to choose the textbook :

moonriver
15-02-2009, 20:38
I totally agree with you. Nevertheless, i have noticed that you suggest to substitute this textbook for another one. In this case, i have got a question to ask: Do you think that we do have a good textbook that meets the needs of our students? Personally, i can say no. As you know, we are seeking quantity rather than quality. We, as teachers, are obliged to finish the syllabus regardless of the challenges, including strikes, holidays, etc. Another issue that i would like to raise is that of the level of Moroccan students. To illustrate my point, students are not the same. Students in Casablanca are not the same ones in Agadir or Marrakech. The problem is that those who designed this textbook did not take into account the subcultural differences that do exist among Moroccan students.

omhamid
15-02-2009, 20:55
i work with Gate Way but i bring materials from "Ticket 2 Eng".all the teachers who work with insights say the same thing but the supervisor say that you should write to officials to take things seriously .

moonstar0001
12-03-2009, 00:11
I'm so sorry to say that Insights really sucks. Do you know why? If you can answer my questions then you'll probably know the answer.
Why is that in each of the three books there's a MATE member? Why isn't there any other teacher who probably has done all his best to produce a comprehensive book rather than the stuff we have there? I know people who submitted books to the textbook committee but were not selected why?????? It's because of the monopoly of MATE of everything that revolves around English in our country . :blow:

EnglishMan
17-03-2009, 13:00
I don't work with Insights into English. I work with Ticket 2 English. and it's bad too.

fouad belhaj
31-03-2009, 23:00
i work with insights too, for the second year; what i can say about it is that the book has its ups and downs:it is full of mistakes , too many activities, redundently boring activities; misplaced activities(reported speech/inf & gerund)modals and ..........
yet the book has its good sights ,i personally believe that if it were covered students will find no problem while sitting for their exams, just do a little efforts to make things better,and it will work better.

أم أمل
23-04-2009, 13:08
u r completely right but i think ticket2english is far more better yet it's up to u to support your work from other text books as for me i think that the three textbooks are also better than all the previous english school programs so far

achrafenglish
24-04-2009, 07:14
The book is a pain in the neck. I never rely on it. Very often I resort to my own materials. My students find it too boring . I never ask my students about it.
It makes my teaching tough.

lear
24-04-2009, 14:13
Well the book is no more than a walking stick and a lot depends on how you can adapt it to your students' cognitive and affective needs. the best of luck

tighanimin
25-04-2009, 14:59
Well the book is no more than a walking stick and a lot depends on how you can adapt it to your students' cognitive and affective needs. the best of luck

they are paid for making good textbooks and the ministry is supposed to give permission for good ones then I can adapt as you say which is my job but to adapt all the time isn't my job the question is not adapt or not the question is why set it as a national textbook in the first place if it doesn't fit to to your knowledge the the inspectors didn't accept in the first place but they couldn't do anything against it.*

أم أمل
27-04-2009, 15:40
the book is not that bad yet i prefer ticket to english and students also prefer it any way the three books include the same topics but handled differently ; activity/work books include extra information as well, just encourage the students to compare so as to have a general view about the bac program; because some grammar lessons are not dealt with in the same way, moreover col********s and idiomatic expressions are different from one book to the other, this may be interesting for the teacher but students say that this is too much.....

lockman
01-05-2009, 22:38
I suppose that there is some truth in what you re saying here.But to me the book is not an end in itself.I mean the more you think about the relevence ,the feasibilty and the ******* of any textbook ,the more you will get the same feeling:SICK.I happened to have that feeling all along the 20 years or so i ve been teaching English.The reason is quite obvious if you think about it .No textbook will match or rather lend itself to the diffrent paces ,styles and competencies of each teacher- let alone their different tastes and interests.SO one should rather put his idiosyncracy in it.I am now working with gateway 2 and at first i had that feeling but I managed to convince myself that the problem is not with the textbook but with Me.ALMANJRA once said the problem of "education" in Morocco is with its stuff:they refuse CHANGE because it means new unknown things.I am working with gateway 2 but with too much contributions from my part.I can say with pride and with modesty that in every unit of the textbook there is something i developped all by myself and ready to prove the rationale behind it.
SO let s try to see what lacks in our handling of textbooks and not just pretend it is the textbook,or other teaching aids,or tools that are to blame.All of us know that "a bad carpenter always blames his tools" . ...

lockman
02-05-2009, 21:03
any opinions?