منتديات دفاتر التربوية التعليمية المغربية - عرض مشاركة واحدة - Idioms to describe people WITH EXAMPLES
عرض مشاركة واحدة

الصورة الرمزية freeteacher
freeteacher
:: دفاتري متميز ::
تاريخ التسجيل: 25 - 4 - 2012
المشاركات: 183
معدل تقييم المستوى: 165
freeteacher على طريق الإبداع
freeteacher غير متواجد حالياً
نشاط [ freeteacher ]
قوة السمعة:165
قديم 27-06-2012, 11:52 المشاركة 1   
شرح Idioms to describe people WITH EXAMPLES

English idioms to describe people:

fast-talker
A fast talker is a super talker, i.e. someone who is good at persuading people to do what he
wants. A fast-talker can convince people to believe things that are not true or do things that they would not normally do.
Example: When I went to the car dealership, I wanted to buy a small compact car. When I left, I had purchased a van. The salesman was a real fast-talker!

busybody
A busybody refers to someone who is overly interested in the lives of others
Example: Martha is always looking out her window to see what the neighbors are doing - what a busybody!

cheapskate
If someone is stingy or obsessively avoids spending money, he or she can be called a cheapskate
Example: When we go out; I always have to pay for everything. Fred is such a cheapskate!

fuddy-duddy
A fuddy-duddy is someone who has old-fashioned ideas and is extremely conservative.
Example: Old Mr. Smith’s ideas are typical of the 1950s. He’s an old fuddy-duddy.

5. goody-goody

A goody-goody is a
Miss or Mr. Perfect who tries very hard to please people in authority, especially teachers and parents. In fact, a goody-goody tries too hard to please them and is, therefore, not liked by his or her peers.
Example: Nola always hands in her English grammar homework early. She’s such a goody-goody!

gold digger
A gold digger is someone who has a relationship with someone in an effort to *** the other person’s money.
Example: Nora is only interested in Mr. Higgins money. She’s a gold digger.

آخر مواضيعي

0 فرنسا تعتقل الصحافي "لوران" بعد ابتزازه الملك محمد السادس
0 review 2BAC
0 الساعات الإضافية بالخصوصي
0 استشارة بخصوص سيارةgol
0 بوزردة المدير السابق ل”لاماب” يدافع عن بنكيران ويكتب”: خصوم بنكيران تجاوزوا حدود اللباقة والاحترام والأخلاق لمسؤول مغربي
0 استشارة عاجلة جزاكم الله خيرا...
0 هل تريد راحة البال. وانشراح الصدر وسكينة النفس وطمأنينة القلب والمتاع الحسن ؟تفضل
0 حول الشهادة المصادق عليها....
0 هل هو فصل جيد من الانتظار لتعويضات تسقيف 2012؟
0 free short English stories for ESL learners100